vrijdag 28 september 2012

Welcome to my den!

Dear readers,

This blog is my way of inviting you all too my den. Doing so the virtual way  - I must confess - is also a way to keep you out of my off-line den. For the best reading experiences only require a master narrator and a humble reader, don't they?

None the less, I do believe that happiness is only real when shared. Therefore, every once in a while, I will devote a few mediocre lines to admirable books (be they fictional or not).

Please feel free to share your visions regarding the concerned novels or history books.

As I read that Romney is opposed to cutbacks in military spendings today, I decided to devote my first lines to a wonderful satire. Set against the background of World War II, this tragically fun novel exposes the absurdity of warfare and the moronic and bureaucratic ways of reasoning within the military:


Yossarian (the main character) is not the archetypal, fear-conquering soldier, as his aim is to "live forever or die in the attempt". However, this tragic character quickly became one of my fictional heroes!

Quote: "That crazy bastard may be the only sane one left."

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten